Welcome to Brandeis Contemporary
Brandeis Contemporary values your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through the website: • https://www.brandeiscontemporary.com
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
• Brandeis Contemporary
(Hereinafter referred to as “Brandeis Contemporary”).
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we collect from our users and customers helps us to provide our products effectively and to personalise and continually improve the user experience on the website. These are the types of information we collect:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read and view content, purchase our products and/or communicate with us through our contact information or our contact forms. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information: • First and last name
• Email address
• Phone number (includes WhatsApp number) • Address (shipping purposes)
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our website or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
Brandeis Contemporary will not collect any personally identifiable information about you, unless you provide it.
Information Collected Automatically: By accessing and using the website you automatically provide us with the following information:
• The device and usage information you use to access the website • Your IP address
• Browser and device characteristics
• Operating system
• Referring URLs
• Your location
If you access the website through a mobile phone, we will collect the following information: • Mobile device ID
• Model and manufacturer
• Operating system
• Version information
• IP address
Payment Information: Your payment data will be processed by the payment processors available on this website (Wix Payments), which will process and store your data securely and for the sole purpose of processing the purchase of products (original artwork, limited edition
prints and prints). Brandeis Contemporary reserves the right to contract any payment platform available on the market, which processes your data for the sole purpose of processing the purchase of products.
Facebook Pixel: Our website uses the Facebook Pixel. Through the Facebook Pixel we can collect user information for different purposes. We use the Facebook Pixel for the following purposes:
• Collect statistics about our website (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
• Collect information about how you interact with our website (for example, whether you opened or followed links contained in them).
• Personalise online services and marketing communications.
• Tailor advertisements to users and optimise advertising campaigns.
Social Media: On our website you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, in which you can share your information.
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
3. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Personal data provided by users and customers through the website will be retained for as long as necessary for the delivery of the products. Brandeis Contemporary may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such
consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Brandeis contemporary may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted.
Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website and products. We use personal information collected through our website as described below:
• Identify you as a user in our system.
• Process payments.
• Deliver the products (original artwork, limited edition prints and prints).
• Manage returns and refunds.
• Improve our products, website, and how we operate our business.
• Understand and enhance your experience using our website and products.
• Respond to your comments or questions through our support team.
• Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
• Communicate with you about upcoming events, offers and news about products and services offered by Brandeis Contemporary and our selected partners.
• Marketing purposes of Brandeis Contemporary.
• Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
• Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
5. HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
The personal information of our customers and users is an important and fundamental part of our business. Under no circumstances will we sell or share information with third parties that has not been previously authorised by the user, customer or owner of the personal data. We share user and customer information only and exclusively as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We use the services of third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf and through our website and services. Examples include processing payments(Wix Payments), building and hosting the website, delivering products (shipping companies), sending emails, analysing data (Google Analytics), creating ads (Facebook, Google), providing marketing assistance, and delivering search results and links.
SMS text messages. We use SMS text messaging, to send different types of messages such as notifications about your order or special content such as offers on our products. By placing an order and opting to receive our SMS messages, you agree to these terms and conditions.
By entering your phone number on the checkout form and subscribing through our subscription form, you consent to our sending you SMS text notifications (order notifications, including abandoned cart reminders) and offers for our products. Please note that your consent to opt-in
or opt-out of receiving these messages is not a condition of any purchase on our website. Your phone number, name and purchase information will be shared with the SMS marketing platform we use. This data will be used to send you targeted marketing messages and notifications. When sending text messages, your phone number will be shared with our applicable text messaging carrier for the purpose of fulfilling the sending and delivery of messages.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing text messages and notifications, please reply with STOP to any SMS message sent by us. You understand and agree that alternative methods of unsubscribing, such as the use of alternative words or requests, will not be considered a reasonable means of unsubscribing. Message and data usage fees may apply.
If you have any questions, you may contact us for more information.
Business Transfers. In the event that Brandeis Contemporary creates, merges with, or is acquired by another entity, your information will most likely be transferred. Brandeis Contemporary will email you or place a prominent notice on our website before your information becomes subject to another privacy
Protection of Brandeis Contemporary and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Brandeis Contemporary, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection
and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally
identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity
to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. Brandeis Contemporary a uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the website. We may
also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
7. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide through the website. If transactions are processed on the website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the website in encrypted form using industry standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorised access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information and to those persons you have authorised to have access to that information. Brandeis Contemporary follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during
transmission and once Brandeis Contemporary receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Brandeis Contemporary strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Users who provide information through our website, as data subjects and data owners, have the right to access, rectify, download or delete their information, as well as to restrict and object to certain processing of their information. While some of these rights apply generally, others apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
• Access and portability: to access and know what information is stored in our servers, you can send us your request through our contact information.
• Rectify, Restrict, Limit and/or Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information.
• Right to be informed: Users of our website will be informed, upon request, about what data we collect, how it is used, how long it is retained and whether it is shared with third parties.
• Object: When we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to this processing in certain circumstances.
In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing it or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
• Revoke consent: Where you have previously given your consent, such as to allow us to process and store your personal information, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing and storage of your information at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn your consent if we have a legal basis for doing so or
if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
• Complaint: If you wish to file a complaint about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. Users can exercise all these rights by contacting us through the
contact information or the contact page.
• Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling: website users may
request that we provide a copy of the automated processing activities we conduct if they believe that data is being unlawfully processed.
Users or owners of the personal information they provide through the website may exercise these rights over their personal information at any time and without any limitation by sending us their request through our contact information.
9. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Swiss data protection regulations and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation - European Regulation), regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. Although the website and products are available to all ages, we do not collect any information from children under the age of 13 without the respective permission of their parents or legal guardians. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without the permission of a parent or legal guardian, please contact us. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or legal guardian permission, we will take steps to delete that information, terminate that person's account, and restrict access to that person's account.
10. THIRD PARTIES
11. CONTACT US